Teeth discoloration is an estetic problem very common in today’s society. White teeth make such a difference to our self-esteem!
That is why a lot of people is trying to prevent the stains from accumulating or – if it’s too late – get rid of them as effectively and permanently as possible.
Tooth discoloration can be caused by:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Genetics (some people have naturally whiter or thicker enamel than others)
- Foods/drinks (coffee, tea, colas, wines, and certain fruits and vegetables)
- – Tobacco (smoking or chewing tobacco)
- Several medications (for ex. tetracycline, drugs for high blood pressure or antihistamines)
- Advancing age(as you age, the outer layer of enamel on your teeth gets worn away revealing the natural yellow color of dentin)
- Trauma (for ex. Football accidents)
The most common way to keep your teeth healthy and stain free is regular brushing and flossing (twice a day) and dental hygiene treatments at your Dentist office ( every 6 months or at least once a year – ask for advice!). Whitening toothpastes are a help if you smoke or like to drink tea/coffee throughout the day!
If you think that your teeth are not as white as you might wish – choose teeth whitening treatment. It is a simple, no-invasive procedure that can literally change the way people see you.
There are few teeth whitening methods to choose from:
- Power (laser) in clinic teeth whitening – gives you instant result
- Take Home Whitening Kit (custom-made or thermoforming treys)
- Whitening strips (Opalescence Go or Crest)
Teeth whitening treatment is very effective but the methods need to be chosen individually for each patient. The best way is to come over for a consultation (free in the Perfect White Smiles Malahide) and talk to one of our experts.
In some cases (for ex. If you have root canal threated tooth) you might need a veneer or a crown. Dead teeth are proven not to respond to the whitening treatments as good as the vital ones. But it’s not a rule.
If you have any questions or wish to come over for a free consult call us on 018450033 of fill out contact form HERE and a staff member will contact you ASAP. #SMILE